Old 02-06-2007, 06:00 PM posted to england.rec.gardening,rec.gardens.edible,uk.rec.gardening
cloud dreamer[_3_] cloud dreamer[_3_] is offline

Default Turnips failure - v odd

Garbodanno wrote:

"Brian Watson" wrote in message
My daughter planted a row of turnips and only the left-hand 50% have
come through to show some early leaf growth - the rest, nothing at all.

They don't use weedkillers so nothing has been applied by them to the
surface to prevent germination.

Any ideas what could cause such a weird effect?

I don't know where you live but Turnips are a cool weather crop usually
planted in the fall - here in zone 6.

I get two full plantings in 5b. I've never had problems even during the
hottest summers (which around here is lucky to reach 30c).

..

Zone 5b in Canada's Far East.

--

We must change the way we live,