Old 03-06-2007, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Woodlice

"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote in message
Nick Maclaren wrote:
: In article ,
: "Geoff" writes:
::: I have a raised bed of strawberry plants - planted in slots in a
::: porous membrane which is weighted around the plants with pea gravel.
:::
::: Although I try to keep the berries off the gravel by placing them
::: over leaf stalks, some are on the gravel/membrane: those are the
::: ones the woodlice eat!
:::
::: Any ideas for getting rid of the woodlice please without anything
::: nasty to poison the strawberries.
:
: It would do you no good.
:
: Woodlice don't attack undamaged strawberries, and you are merely
: finding the ones that have followed on after slugs have made holes.
: Concentrate on attacking the slugs.
:
:
: Regards,
: Nick Maclaren.

That's what I would have said too

I would have said it as well but I would have been much more witty.

Des in very very very wet Dublin (it's coming your way shortly)