Old 03-06-2007, 05:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default How hard is it to transplant some lavender?

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 19:30:16 -0500, Angela Marsh
wrote:

Denver: Our lavender is growing like weeds and taking over our planter
beds here. I'd like to transplant SOME if it all over the yard and let it
take over some other areas instead. How hard is it to transplant? Can I
just stick a shovel in it and dig some up to transplant?

I grew lavender from seed which is a long process. During that time I
transplanted the seedlings and they survived just fine. Although
lavender prefers dry soils, you should water them immediately after
the transplant. No fertilizer.