Old 04-06-2007, 12:22 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Finis

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 11:13:57 CST, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

It's about noon here and the rain has pretty much stopped. We got
somewhere between 2 and 3 inches of rain. It isn't a flood or
anything but like I say, it's better than the whole month of May. It
may even have put some real hurting on that fire just to the east, I
know it's been only about a month, but we've been putting up with that
thing it seems like forever.

Saw it on the news and thought of you. Hopefully you'll get more soon, did
it help raise the level of the ponds at all?

We're having an early heat wave here, 99F yesterday broke the record for
our area. Today suppose to be triple digits. So of course we had an all
dayer yesterday in the park promoting the hobby at the Master Gardener
Garden Fair. We were very fortunate to have a member bring a big fan with a
mister system attached. So here we sat, 7 of us, under our 2 white pop-up
canopies and this mister blowing across us. While other groups were working
in shifts of 2 people, we all sat there for most the day together chatting.
At one point the extension agent came by and said, "Just how many people
does it take to explain about koi?"

So let's agree to the change, "Maddogs and Pond People"? ~ jan :-)
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us