Old 04-06-2007, 12:22 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Down to three fish and today I think I figured out why

I nearly got bopped by some kinda hawk trying to snag a sparrow. We
are only 6 blocks from the lake and woods, but even so.......

Every so often we have one come thru here trying for the birds at the bird
feeders. I've never seen evidence of little birds, but I have seen Robin
remains. One time we had a sharp shin hawk actually sit on the deck rail
next to the bird feeders and look in the slider at us. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us