Old 04-06-2007, 03:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
KW KW is offline

Default Apple tree

"Homer" wrote in message
et...
I planted a 2 in 1 Stark "golden-red delicious" tree last year. It did

well
until this spring. The leaves are turning brown and curling. I can not
find and insects or "nibbling" damage. The few blossoms that it had this
year quickly turned brown and died. At first it was only on 3 small
branches and so I removed them... disinfecting between cuts... and burned
them. Now I think only the longest branches are not being affected... and
I fear they soon will be. I have looked on-line for an image that matches
what I see but I haven't had any luck. Any ideas would be grateful.

Homer,

From your description, it sounds like Fireblight to me. Check out the info
on the following link for treatment and preventative measures.

Keith