Old 04-06-2007, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Small fruit tree

On Jun 3, 11:09 pm, Frank Booth Snr wrote:
Bob Hobden wrote:
"Frank Booth Snr" wrote ...

This sprouted from a stone in early spring. I thought it was an apricot
since I chucked the stones from eaten fruit into a trough last year. But
looking at the leaves, I'm not so sure. Looks more like a cherry. Any
ideas please?

*http://tinyurl.com/2jmckn*

That looks like leaves of the large Apricot tree on the next allotment to
mine.

Thanks everyone. Looked at some leaf images online and together with
your opinions it seems fairly conclusive

It's just as well that Kay and Bob were around, though I did warn you
that I knew nothing about trees. However, I have learnt something
too, I brough it a leaf from the cherry and a leaf from a damson to
compare with the picture, and of course, I can now see the
difference. However, it is very like the damson leaf, are damsons the
same family?

Judith