Old 04-06-2007, 03:59 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Finis

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 17:22:51 CST, ~ jan wrote:

Saw it on the news and thought of you. Hopefully you'll get more soon, did
it help raise the level of the ponds at all?

Thanks for thinking of us. Unfortunately, it didn't hardly change the
depth of the water. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but we need
about 20-30 of these things just to get back to normal. Still, it was
nice to wake up to a clear sky and no smell of smoke. It's been weeks
since we've even seen the sun.

We're having an early heat wave here, 99F yesterday broke the record for
our area. Today suppose to be triple digits. So of course we had an all
dayer yesterday in the park promoting the hobby at the Master Gardener
Garden Fair. We were very fortunate to have a member bring a big fan with a
mister system attached. So here we sat, 7 of us, under our 2 white pop-up
canopies and this mister blowing across us. While other groups were working
in shifts of 2 people, we all sat there for most the day together chatting.
At one point the extension agent came by and said, "Just how many people
does it take to explain about koi?"

It's nowhere near that hot here. As a matter of fact, it hasn't hit
triple digits here in a long time. Florida is not as hot as some
folks think, though usually it is wetter.

So let's agree to the change, "Maddogs and Pond People"? ~ jan :-)
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

--
Galen Hekhuis