Old 04-06-2007, 06:11 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_11_] Reel McKoi[_11_] is offline

Default Finis

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
It's about noon here and the rain has pretty much stopped. We got
somewhere between 2 and 3 inches of rain. It isn't a flood or
anything but like I say, it's better than the whole month of May. It
may even have put some real hurting on that fire just to the east, I
know it's been only about a month, but we've been putting up with that
thing it seems like forever.

=========================
We haven't had a drop of rain here. Our lawn is turning brown and unless I
water the gardens they too would be drying up. Evaporation is at about 1/2"
a day with the breeze and constant sunny days. We're starting to see box
turtles drawn to the ponds seeking water. I put out a low birdbath like
bowl of water for them this afternoon. I hope they find it. The neighbor's
stock pond is dry. The night is silent except for an occasional croak from
a bullfrog. Nothing like normal.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.