Old 04-06-2007, 02:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Ranger[_1_] The Ranger[_1_] is offline

Default Fuyu Persimmon Dropping Crop

For the third year in a row my fuyu looks like it's going to
prodigiously produce a bumper crop!

But...

Every morning I walk out to marvel at it, I am finding more and
more of the baby fruit (due to a severe Parentitis Flare-up, I'm
drawing a blank on it's actual name now) on the ground. No vermin
are eating them (squirrels or rats), there are no wasps flitting
about its laden branches, and I've seen no leaf-curl or rust to
provide a hint at why.

The branches are drooping under the weight but every leaf is a
rich green with a solid thickness. If anything, the weight seems
to have "opened" the tree up so that every leaf on every branch is
allowed to pull in its 12-hour RDA of sun.

I water it twice a week and see no correlation to that either; the
same amount of fruitling are on the ground after watering as when
not.

Other ideas or thought always appreciated.

The Ranger