Old 04-06-2007, 02:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Fuyu Persimmon Dropping Crop

For the third year in a row my fuyu looks like it's going to
prodigiously produce a bumper crop!

But...

Every morning I walk out to marvel at it, I am finding more and
more of the baby fruit (due to a severe Parentitis Flare-up, I'm
drawing a blank on it's actual name now) on the ground. No vermin
are eating them (squirrels or rats), there are no wasps flitting
about its laden branches, and I've seen no leaf-curl or rust to
provide a hint at why.

The branches are drooping under the weight but every leaf is a
rich green with a solid thickness. If anything, the weight seems
to have "opened" the tree up so that every leaf on every branch is
allowed to pull in its 12-hour RDA of sun.

I water it twice a week and see no correlation to that either; the
same amount of fruitling are on the ground after watering as when
not.

Other ideas or thought always appreciated.

The Ranger

Old 04-06-2007, 06:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

My Fuyu tree on the backyard has the same problem, but
mine is only 1 yr old. If you find any solution please share.
I live in Dallas, TX area. Where do you live?

JIMMY

Old 04-06-2007, 07:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 06:29:14 -0700, "The Ranger"
wrote:

[...]

You may want to check this out.

CALIFUYU
California Fuyu Growers Association
P.O. Box 1301 Valley Center, CA 92082
Email:
--
Susan N.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"The Ranger" wrote in message

[...]

The Ranger- Hide quoted text -

Probably just June drop.

http://www.plantanswers.com/garden_c...il3/april3.htm