Old 04-06-2007, 08:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Low tech plant supports

In article ,
"betsyb" wrote:

I read somewhere you can take 2- 12" terra cotta pots and turn the bottom
one upside down, place the second on top right side up and stick a piece of
rebar in the holes. Makes a perfect hose guide. I don't think the bamboo is
strong enuf.

--

Oh, I don't do any fancy corners or anything. I just want to keep the
hose off the strawberries for the most part. Most of the major plants

I could just use the rebar but the bamboo looks better. I save the rebar
for spots in the fence where the "Hounds from Hell" used to regularly
break-out. They are "Homies" at last.

Gotta flutter,
- Billy

BetsyB

"Bill Rose" wrote in message
In article , Persephone
wrote:

(whack)
Then a light went on over my head. Why not just cut down some
of my too-many bamboo stalks and use them?

Done!

Embarrassing when it takes forever to think outside the box!

Persephone

I've started to use our bamboo as plant protectors for when I drag my
hose around the garden. I stick them around a bed and the hose will
slide along them. They are certainly better than the expensive and easily
damageable plastic posts that I bought at the Home Despot. I bought
rubber caps from the local hardware store to put on their tops, in case
some one should fall on them. I've snapped a few by wrapping the hose
around them but I haven't lost any plants because of the hose.

- Billy