Old 04-06-2007, 11:02 PM posted to england.rec.gardening,rec.gardens.edible,uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Turnips failure - v odd

"Jan Flora" wrote.after..
"David \(Normandy\)" wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote
I'll take a bet it's Flea Beatle. Very bad this year

I've given up trying to grow radishes in the garden due to Flea Beetle.
I'm
lucky to get any before they are trashed.
Now I grow radishes in a seed tray of fresh potting compost, keeping the
tray on an old table out of reach of the ground. Has worked thus far.
Pity I
can't use the same technique with turnips.

Have you tried using Remay? We enjoy root maggots here. Remay kept in
place until 4th of July pretty much solves the problem.

What is Remay? Is it what we call "Enviromesh"?
http://www.lbsgardenwarehouse.co.uk/...sfile=1&jump=0

--
Regards
Bob Hobden