Old 05-06-2007, 01:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default flowers on fruits and veggies - pick or not?

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 20:32:01 -0000, "
wrote:

This is probably a very simple question but I'll ask it anyway. When
the flowers show up on your fruits (tomatoes, strawberries), or
veggies (peas), do you pick them or leave them? I'm sure last year my
dad told me to always pick the tomato flowers as they showed up but
I'm fairly certain I'm supposed to leave the strawberry and pea
flowers to get any fruit. Should I be leaving the tomato flowers??

Only if you want fruit.
--
Susan N.