Old 30-03-2003, 02:56 AM
jammer

Default For Victoria: Torching the sedge

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 00:50:09 GMT, animaux
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 17:29:40 GMT, zhanataya wrote:

How well did the torch work for you ? I've already got it popping up
all over. I thought I might try it if you think it will help.
Certainly nothing else has done much good.

zhan

I'm finally finished laughing at another' response! Anyway, I have not used it
yet because the sedge doesn't seem to be coming up yet. We're a little behind
due to the late ice storm several weeks ago. We may have a light frost tonight.

In the few beds I've cleaned up I was able to pull the nut sedge out with the
nuts. In soil which is not friable (it's a delicate balance of watering and
timing) I haven't attempted to remove the nuts.

Last year we lay down a ton of newspapers and mulch on top all around the beds
in hopes of quelling the further development and disturbance of the nutlets in
the ground.

When I start to torch, I will announce my findings!
Victoria

And i'm laughing because i had to think about that first line and then
found myself reading of nuts and nutlets. Or something like that. (I
will go look at nut sedge)

Sorry, i will go punish myself for this posting.
jammer