Old 30-03-2003, 03:08 AM
mad

Default i spoke too soon:

sounds like spring is coming your way.
mad
--
"I read somewhere that 77% of all the mentally ill
live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the
23% who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

From: "Mac Knight"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 09:35:32 -0800
Subject: i spoke too soon:

Crazy weather. I finally uncovered the pond here, but the nights are
sometimes just below freezing. Started up the waterfall to ensure it works,
then shut it off until the irrigation water comes on next week so I can
refill the pond after a winter's evaporation (our irrigation water is direct
from the river, so no chlorine).

Lots of muck coming out of the pond in the filter, but the fish wintered
well and are looking good. The water is clearing up quite rapidly and one of
the lotus has an aerial leaf forming already.

It's sure nice to be rid of the greenhouse

Mac Knight
http://www.macknight.addr.com

"John Rutz" wrote in message

I believe it 70 thursday low of 40 today 6degrees!!!!

John Rutz