Old 29-03-2003, 02:56 PM
mad

Default i spoke too soon:

you may or may not believe it, but there is snow in shafter. and it's
sticking! sheesh! wednesday it was 82ºF and thursday the dirt blew big time.
nearly knocked me over against a guardrail on an overpass. yesterday it was
in the 50s here and in the 30s in alpine and today its in the 30s and
snowing here. i was supposed to go to alpine to work an extra day, but guess
who isn't!
now i gotta go take a pic of the pond with a rim of snow around it.
mad
--
Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?

Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
John Rutz

mad wrote:
you may or may not believe it, but there is snow in shafter. and it's
sticking! sheesh! wednesday it was 82ºF and thursday the dirt blew big time.
nearly knocked me over against a guardrail on an overpass. yesterday it was
in the 50s here and in the 30s in alpine and today its in the 30s and
snowing here. i was supposed to go to alpine to work an extra day, but guess
who isn't!
now i gotta go take a pic of the pond with a rim of snow around it.
mad

I believe it 70 thursday low of 40 today 6degrees!!!!

John Rutz

Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
Mac Knight

Crazy weather. I finally uncovered the pond here, but the nights are
sometimes just below freezing. Started up the waterfall to ensure it works,
then shut it off until the irrigation water comes on next week so I can
refill the pond after a winter's evaporation (our irrigation water is direct
from the river, so no chlorine).

Lots of muck coming out of the pond in the filter, but the fish wintered
well and are looking good. The water is clearing up quite rapidly and one of
the lotus has an aerial leaf forming already.

It's sure nice to be rid of the greenhouse

Mac Knight
http://www.macknight.addr.com

Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
jammer

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 08:47:25 -0600, mad wrote:

you may or may not believe it, but there is snow in shafter. and it's
sticking! sheesh! wednesday it was 82ºF and thursday the dirt blew big time.
nearly knocked me over against a guardrail on an overpass. yesterday it was
in the 50s here and in the 30s in alpine and today its in the 30s and
snowing here. i was supposed to go to alpine to work an extra day, but guess
who isn't!
now i gotta go take a pic of the pond with a rim of snow around it.
mad

Wow! Well we are at 54 right now. It froze last night and will tonight
with a 39 the next night. Then all i see is 50's for lows. I HOPE SO.

Did you get the fern?
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
RichToyBox

Mad,

What have you, John and the others done out there to make the snow gods mad.
I don't remember a single snow in the 3 years that I lived out there. I
remember long drives to Alpine in 110 -120 degree heat with no AC on that 51
Suburban. I remember the two snows in Tucson that we had. Completely
melted by 10:00 AM.
--
RichToyBox

Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
~ jan

you may or may not believe it, but there is snow in shafter. and it's
sticking! sheesh! wednesday it was 82ºF
now i gotta go take a pic of the pond with a rim of snow around it.
mad

Oh man, bummer. We're 68.4 right now, gorgeous out, I'm only in long enough
to drink my smoothie, before I head back out. I'm leaving the screening on
the koi ponds till next weekend as they say we're going to dip down again
next week to 30s lows, 50s highs. Being on the north side of the house I
lose a lot of heat gain if the filter and waterfall are running. Water is
clear with the just using filtration in winter mode, and of course I'm not
feeding the fish. I did have to remove a corner of the screen today where
the marsh marigold was, the buds started blooming and getting smished
against the screen. ~ jan

Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?

Shouldn't it be pronounced ten one? We don't call 21 two one, 20 is twenty,
21 is twenty one, so 11 should be ten one. ;o)

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
John Rutz

"mad" wrote in message

you may or may not believe it, but there is snow in shafter. and it's
sticking! sheesh! wednesday it was 82ºF and thursday the dirt blew big

not mad happy I hope its called end of drought

John Rutz

Old 30-03-2003, 02:44 AM
jammer

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 08:47:25 -0600, mad wrote:

you may or may not believe it, but there is snow in shafter. and it's
sticking! sheesh! wednesday it was 82ºF and thursday the dirt blew big time.
nearly knocked me over against a guardrail on an overpass. yesterday it was
in the 50s here and in the 30s in alpine and today its in the 30s and
snowing here. i was supposed to go to alpine to work an extra day, but guess
who isn't!
now i gotta go take a pic of the pond with a rim of snow around it.
mad
--
Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?

How much snow did you get? Did you "play" in it?

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 30-03-2003, 03:08 AM
mad

crazy weather!
mad
--
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."
Oscar Wilde

Old 30-03-2003, 03:08 AM
mad

sounds like spring is coming your way.
mad
--
"I read somewhere that 77% of all the mentally ill
live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the

Old 30-03-2003, 10:44 PM
mad

i figure that since 22 is pronounced twenty-two that onety one is a better
pronunciation. :-D
mad
--
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Old 31-03-2003, 04:20 PM
DKat

I was so thinking "SPRING" at last! and then it snowed last night here on
Long Island.... Hard to believe that a couple of days before the fish were
up top begging for food and I was playing clean up around the pond...

Old 31-03-2003, 04:20 PM
DKat

(where's my voodoo doll and stick pins...) what color is you hair jan?????

==----------
-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers

=-----

Old 01-04-2003, 06:44 AM
~ jan

Add this to my sins, heard my first frog the other day in the neighbor's
pond and tonight one in my lily pond. Yes! Spring is here. Guess that 80
degree day on Sunday woke them up.... not to despair DKat we're suppose to
cool down the rest of the week 30/50s. ( ~ jan

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:12:59 GMT, "DKat" wrote:

(where's my voodoo doll and stick pins...) what color is you hair jan?????

.. .