Old 05-06-2007, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Barb[_2_] Barb[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning old flagstones

Hi, I have a garden which consists of beds, flagstones (the red brick design
and the conventional ones) and paths, having been a showhouse a few years
ago.

The flagstones are now very grimy and discoloured and look about fifty years
old and very dowdy! I have cleaned them a couple of times since I moved in
with conventional patio cleaner, which helped a bit, but it now seems a bit
beyond that - possibly partly because patio cleaners from the garden centre
seem to be fairly innocuous because of polution etc (?).

I also borrowed my son's pressure jet water thingy one year, which was quite
good. I suppose I could invest in one, but I don't really want to 'cos
they're expensive for just occasional use.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Barb