Old 05-06-2007, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Caterpillar problem

JennyC writes

wrote in message
roups.com...
Help , First off I know marginally less than Zero about gardening, so
be gentle!! I have a bush in the garden which grows against the side
of the house. Small green leaves and sort of yellowy / pale green
edges Leaves about the size of 'privet'?
It has become covered in cotton wool type cobwebs and loads of 1" long
dark grey caterpillars with 2 rows of black spots on them. I pair of
spots per body segment. Hope this is enough info.

Q...what are they and how can I get rid of them? I presume that they
are 'up to no good' ?
Many thanks

Cold it be this - Thaumetopoea processionea ??
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1...13763689pogFac

If so you need to get rid of them asap!
http://www.itg.be/itg/DistanceLearni...denEndenE/52_E
ctoparasitesp8.htm

Why????
It's not exactly difficult to avoid being in contact withcaterpillars

--
Kay