Old 05-06-2007, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jonelle Jonelle is offline

Default Best hedge trimmer?

It's that time of year again. We have hedges all the way around our
garden, a couple of them fairly high, some leylandii, mostly beech, a
few other species.

After about 20 years of looking after these hedges with a succession of
"economical" hedge trimmers I think it's time to treat myself:

What is the BEST make of hedge trimmer available?

I'm looking for:

* electric (cable -- I don't think any rechargeable will be powerful
enough do all the jobs involved, esp hacking back leylandii);

* long -- 70cm or more? My main one currently is a 50cm Bosch (which was
a hand-me-down, a long time ago)

* light and/or easily handled (old age is about to set in).

I also have a rechargeable Bosch for the quick trims - very useful, but
not so sharp these days, and no good anyway for the main trimming.

So anyway: I'd be looking at Bosch, but UK Gardeners may have other
suggestions as to make.

Cheers
john