Old 05-06-2007, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Hugh Jampton Hugh Jampton is offline

Default Best hedge trimmer?

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:13:16 +0100, Jonelle wrote:

It's that time of year again. We have hedges all the way around our
garden, a couple of them fairly high, some leylandii, mostly beech, a
few other species.

After about 20 years of looking after these hedges with a succession of
"economical" hedge trimmers I think it's time to treat myself:

What is the BEST make of hedge trimmer available?

snipped

I've had a Viking (Stihl) for a few years :-

http://www.stihl.co.uk/html/default_...tegory=product

Can't fault it - well worth the extra cost over the "economical" trimmers.
Only possible problem - it's a little on the heavy side.

HTH.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton