Old 05-06-2007, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Edging a path

On 5/6/07 18:53, in article , "Anne
Jackson" wrote:

The message from Sacha contains these
words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote:
The message from Broadback contains these words:

I would like to create quite a long gravel path in grass around circular
and oval beds. What would the team recommend to edge them with
economically?

I have several thousand old slates, with which I propose to edge beds,
but want to use them thus |||||| rather than _ _ _ _ _ thus, IYSWIM?
|_|_|_|_|_|

Isn't the edging - yours or Broadback's - going to make it more fiddly to
weed? Both the gravel and the beds, I mean. Anne, I've seen slates used as
you suggest but arranged more like overlapping teeth! It's very effective
as to appearance and a bit (tiny bit) more of a weed barrier.

I won't care, Sacha, 'cos by the time the weeds have grown I'll have made
a fortune, and I'll pay someone else to do the weeding... BG

Tsk......sometimes it's like pulling teeth.........

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk