Old 06-06-2007, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Edging a path

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:35:19 +0100, Anne Jackson
wrote:

The message from Broadback contains these words:

I would like to create quite a long gravel path in grass around circular
and oval beds. What would the team recommend to edge them with
economically?

I have several thousand old slates, with which I propose to edge beds,
but want to use them thus |||||| rather than _ _ _ _ _ thus, IYSWIM?

I saw a novel idea at a Yellow Book garden at the weekend. A narrow
raised bed containing a row of strawberry plants had been edged with
green wine bottles. (green bottles, not green wine!) The bottles were
pushed, neck down, to about 1/3 of their height, in rows either side.
Ok for something not too permanent. Unfortunately several of the
bottles had weeds growing in them. I guess corking the bottles would
have stopped that.

Pam in Bristol