Old 06-06-2007, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default New hose attachment feeder from Miracle gro

Humph ----

Some years ago I bought the other spray attachment from Phostrogen I
believe, that dribbled down my arm and need shacking all the time. It's
now kicked under the greenhouse staging.

So with great optimism (I should have known better) I shelled out nine
quid for the new fangled one (as seen on TV no less) from Woolworth's.
It's one that has a green ready prepared solution of Miracle gro
designed to feed plants as you water.
It had strange ways of giving instructions with the advice on the back
in two languages and two more on the front. You have tow work out what
it says once you've opened the packet (should take 2 hours and a chisel,
sharp knife, patience and a bit of brute ignorance or that might be
strength.)

Once opened I shoved the thing on the end of the spray which has jet,
spray and what seems to be smaller spray. You can also select off, water
only or feed.
You have to hold the canister really weirdly, up in the air and the
water comes out from the bottom.
Don't bother to buy one ...................... it doesn't dribble down
your arm as the other one instead the water has about half the force of
your normal hose so you have to get right over your plants to get the
stuff on them, pulling your hose along with you!
Supposed to do a great amount of garden but actually took me 20 minutes
just to do greenhouse plants and posts round the back. Didn't get to
flower beds, ran out of stuff in bottle. It says spray for few seconds
UNTIL SOIL SATURATED (hello? How long do they think it takes to get soil
saturated?)

Worst Bit is that in small writing that you need your latest glass for,
it tells you that you cannot reuse the bottle! You have to buy a new
bottle each time!! They also advise you to water once a week. I bet!
They'll make pots of money at that rate. I had imagined I could make up
the solution and just refill the bottle and didn't or rather couldn't
see the bit about unreusable bottle through the packaging.

Just to let everyone know, or maybe I am missing the point?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association