Old 06-06-2007, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New hose attachment feeder from Miracle gro

Humph ----

Some years ago I bought the other spray attachment from Phostrogen I
believe, that dribbled down my arm and need shacking all the time. It's
now kicked under the greenhouse staging.

So with great optimism (I should have known better) I shelled out nine
quid for the new fangled one (as seen on TV no less) from Woolworth's.
It's one that has a green ready prepared solution of Miracle gro
designed to feed plants as you water.
It had strange ways of giving instructions with the advice on the back
in two languages and two more on the front. You have tow work out what
it says once you've opened the packet (should take 2 hours and a chisel,
sharp knife, patience and a bit of brute ignorance or that might be
strength.)

Once opened I shoved the thing on the end of the spray which has jet,
spray and what seems to be smaller spray. You can also select off, water
only or feed.
You have to hold the canister really weirdly, up in the air and the
water comes out from the bottom.
Don't bother to buy one ...................... it doesn't dribble down
your arm as the other one instead the water has about half the force of
your normal hose so you have to get right over your plants to get the
stuff on them, pulling your hose along with you!
Supposed to do a great amount of garden but actually took me 20 minutes
just to do greenhouse plants and posts round the back. Didn't get to
flower beds, ran out of stuff in bottle. It says spray for few seconds
UNTIL SOIL SATURATED (hello? How long do they think it takes to get soil
saturated?)

Worst Bit is that in small writing that you need your latest glass for,
it tells you that you cannot reuse the bottle! You have to buy a new
bottle each time!! They also advise you to water once a week. I bet!
They'll make pots of money at that rate. I had imagined I could make up
the solution and just refill the bottle and didn't or rather couldn't
see the bit about unreusable bottle through the packaging.

Just to let everyone know, or maybe I am missing the point?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association
Old 06-06-2007, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 6, 1:46 pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
Just to let everyone know, or maybe I am missing the point?

Janet

No, your'e not missing the point Janet, I too bought one of those
things, an utter waste of money, mine is at the charity shop, on sale
for £1.50, I think they should give it away.

Judith

Old 06-06-2007, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Tweedy wrote:

Humph ----
snipped
Just to let everyone know, or maybe I am missing the point?

Janet

Of course you are missing the point. The point is to make very large
profits for the manufacturer, and not to ease the task of watering and
feeding the garden. Or am I a cynic?
Old 06-06-2007, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Some years ago I bought the other spray attachment from Phostrogen I
believe, that dribbled down my arm and need shacking all the time. It's
now kicked under the greenhouse staging.

So with great optimism (I should have known better) I shelled out nine
quid for the new fangled one (as seen on TV no less) from Woolworth's.
It's one that has a green ready prepared solution of Miracle gro designed
to feed plants as you water.

I'll steer well clear then. I too had one of those rubbishy Phostrogen ones
which ended up in the dustbin. The first plants to get sprayed always got
overdosed and those towards the end always got drowned before they got fed.
Waste of money. I'll stick to mixing a measure of Miracle grow in a watering
can - at least it is easy to control how much each plant gets fed.

David.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Peter
James writes
Janet Tweedy wrote:

Humph ----
snipped
Just to let everyone know, or maybe I am missing the point?

Janet

Of course you are missing the point. The point is to make very large
profits for the manufacturer, and not to ease the task of watering and
feeding the garden. Or am I a cynic?

I felt it was a bit underhand to put the blurb about not being able to
reuse the bottle (in this recycling day and age!) in very small print
where you can't see it until you've opened the package.

I shall go back to my trusted method of filling up a dustbin with water
(we have two spare since they stopped collecting rubbish weekly from
bins) then pouring in necessary feed and filling up watering can. It is
a much quicker job and you can either spray overhead or take off the
spray and pour into pots/besides plants.
You also don't have to stand waiting for the can to fill up each time
which can be tedious!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Old 07-06-2007, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , "David
(Normandy)" writes

I'll steer well clear then.

Well I thought it was useful knowledge for anyone else on this group,
before they went and wasted their money as well! Maybe someone from the
media will read this thread and make a comment in one of the Nationals?
Serve Miracle-gro right!

Old 07-06-2007, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 7, 1:01 pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
I shall go back to my trusted method of filling up a dustbin with water
(we have two spare since they stopped collecting rubbish weekly from
bins) then pouring in necessary feed and filling up watering can. It is
a much quicker job and you can either spray overhead or take off the
spray and pour into pots/besides plants.
You also don't have to stand waiting for the can to fill up each time
which can be tedious!

Great tip and one I shall use, thanks.

Judith

Old 07-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered User

Visit www.superspray.co.uk this is a first class hose end sprayer/ feeder which you can use with ANY liquid feed or even say Jayes fluid for disinfecting or detergent for washing the greenhouse, car shampoo for washing the car.

The spray head is on top of the bottle, you hold the bottle so all the weight is below the hand and not trying to bend it up and back over your arm.

If your plant feed says add one cap to a watering can then add one cap to the bottle and fill with water to 100ml mark which is equivalent to 5 litres mixed on discharge. 600ml capacity bottle holds 6 cans worth ie 30 litres of feed. Dilutes accuratley as you spray. Clean water or feed or OFF. No fancy gadgets really practical and its great for washing my car with No buckets to hump about and no paint scratching either as with bucket and sponge method.

Think I paid about ten pound mail order for mine. been using it about three years now with no problems. I have two actually as one seems to be continually full of lawn feed.

I used one of the first miraclegrow feeders which diluted in the bottle but i found that the dilution was very eractic. This superspray dilutes in the head as it draws the feed up from the bottle into the main stream of water from the hose. Very happy with it has you might tell!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Registered User

Hello Janet,

I was going to send you a private message but dont know how to!! Anyway, I contacted Superspray as I knew they would be interested in your thread and to ask if memebers of our forum could get a bit of divvy if they bought bought a superspray. I emailed your secretary instead because they made you a bit of an offer. Their reply is as below

Dear Graham,

Many thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for your kind words about Superspray. I’d just also point out that with Superspray, you don’t need to keep buying a new bottle, you just refill it with your favourite concentrated feed, shampoo etc.

I’m very pleased that you are still delighted with your Supersprays after all this time. I think you must have been amongst our first customers.

Having read the thread, I’m quite sure that Superspray will overcome the problems your fellow members are having. In fact I’m so confident that I’ll give a FULL & IMMEDIATE REFUND if anyone who buys a Superspray doesn’t like it for ANY REASON. All they need to do is return it undamaged within 14 days.

We are prepared to make a special offer for you and your fellow Forum Members. How about - 15% Discount & Money-back Guarantee?
It would work like this

Retail Price =£8.99 les 15% = £7.64 + p&p @ £2.94 = £10.58 in total.

PLUS – Postage is fixed at £2.94 whether you buy 1 or 100 Supersprays, so if a few friends get together, they can make a big saving on postage.

In order to do this we’d have to set up a special webpage for Garden Banter Members, where you could order a Superspray at the special price. Payment would be by Credit Card or paypal. We’d also include a downloadable Mail-Order Form.

The webpage would be called www.superspray.co.uk/gardenbanter.htm

I would need about 3 - 5 days to get the website set up, tested & working.

Graham, could you ask Janet Tweedy to send me her address, and I’ll send her a Superspray On Approval in the post. I’ll include a stamped return package, and she can use Superspray for a month for free. If she doesn’t like it, or if she thinks it’s not worth the money, she can just post it back. If she does like it, she can just send payment for £10.58 and keep it.

Of course, I’ll guarantee that we won’t send Janet anything other than the Superspray. She won’t receive any sales or offer letters from us, and we won’t share her details with anyone. I’m sure you can vouch for all of that.

I don’t think I can say fairer than that can I?

Please let me know if this is OK for you and your Forum members

Thanks again Graham, and very best regards,

John Akin.

The best Hose Accessory you'll ever own
www.superspray.co.uk
See us at BBC Gardeners World NEC June 13 to 17
Visit us at Equipe-Auto
Paris 15-20 October 2007
Hall 5 Stand E 117
The information contained in this email and any attachments may be confidential and is provided solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or use of this e-mail, its attachments or any information contained therein is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments

Old 19-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Registered User

Location: netherland