Old 06-06-2007, 02:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Made Poppers tonight

In article ,
"Rachael Simpson" wrote:

We don't deep fry them here tho', They get cheese stuff, bacon wrapped
and GRILLED over mesquite. Pepper Jack is a good stuffing.

aka "Armadillo eggs".

The lack of breading turns them into an Atkins diet item. ;-)

we prefer them with the cheddar cheese filling too. i hadn't thought to try
them with pepper jack - good idea!

Got that idea from a friend that regularly serves them at BBQ's.

I want to try them with Cheddar/Jack one of these days.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.