Old 07-06-2007, 04:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Another interesting article

In article ,
Jan Flora wrote:

The box stores should worry. People want to eat locally.
Here's an article from Advertising Age, of all places.

One neat way to tell Big Oil to kiss off is to refuse
to buy food that has to be transported ridiculous distances.
That would also torque big, corporate agri-bidness, like
Monsanto, ADM and Cargill, with their GM food crops.

Talk is cheap -- the only thing that will get their attention
is how/where you decide to spend your money.

Farmstands Vs. Big Brands
With Consumers Interested in Locally Produced Goods, Marketers Scramble
to Get in on a Movement Going Mainstream

http://adage.com/article?article_id=116999

Jan

That reminds me, I need to hit our local farmers market more often.
I'm dying for some vine ripe tomatoes. ;-d

It's on Tuesday afternoons.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.