Old 07-06-2007, 05:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mike S. Mike S. is offline

Default Spots on leaves - please help

My tomato and pepper plants have spots on the leaves and I'd like to
know what to do.

I planted these on May 24 in containers and set them on my deck. I
sprayed them on May 28 with a spray that contains potassium salts of
fatty acids and sulfur. A few days later, I noticed a few spots on the
pepper plant at the tips of the bottom leaves. Then today I noticed
spots on the tomato plants mostly near the bottom.

Here's a picture of the tomato plants - http://www.geocities.com/littleboybl...sky-6-4-07.jpg
and
www.geocities.com/littleboyblu87/tomatoplant.jpg

Could any of these problems be caused by self-watering bottles that I
have set up in the containers? Perhaps there's a problem with things
getting in the water that could cause disease? Or maybe the plants
aren't getting enough water or fertilizer?

What can I do to save the plants? I only have two tomato plants and
one pepper plant.