Old 07-06-2007, 05:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Lilah Morgan Lilah Morgan is offline

Default Another interesting article

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
That reminds me, I need to hit our local farmers market more often.
I'm dying for some vine ripe tomatoes. ;-d

It's on Tuesday afternoons.
--
Peace, Om

The farmer's market here is on Saturdays. I can't wait til the tomatoes I
planted are ready to be harvested(they took their sweet time sprouting,
'cept for the large red cherry tomato I planted on May30th, that sprouted a
day or two ago, which pleasantly surprised me). We only had cherry tomatoes
seeds(2 different varities) and roma tomato seeds, but I don't think this
household will need that many tomatoes, because A: I don't do well with raw
tomatoes(let's just say I found that out the hard way, but on the bright
side, I lost 4pounds!), just raw though, if they've been processed and such,
it doesn't bother me. Canned organic tomatoes are fine with me. Point B: My
mother who would be the one to eat the tomatoes has been staying in town
doing other stuff lately, so that means that there will be plenty to sell at
the farmer's market. I want my herbs to get their full growth too, because I
also wanna start making homemade pasta sauce to go with my homemade raviolis
stuffed with my herbed ricotta cheese mix. Tomorrow I gotta make a radish
patch and a beet patch and a carrot patch. And a couple more potato patches.
And use the chicken wire to protect them from the critters. Plus I wanna pot
some strawberries and lilac plants to sell as well. Oh and some of the wild
roses(they're gonna take over the flower area, small ones are popping up all
over).