Old 07-06-2007, 02:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
chicagorose chicagorose is offline

Default lost rose blooms

We have a rose garden planted by previous owners of our home - they've
probably been growing for 10-20 years. They've produced incredibly beautiful
blooms, and my husband is meticulous about pruning, deadheading, feeding and
spraying. For some reason, last year one rose bush produced no blooms (but
otherwise looks perfectly healthy). This year, the rose bushes on either
side of it ALSO look like they're producing no blooms (yet look otherwise
healthy), and we're fearing that something is spreading from the original
plant. What might be causing this, and is there something we can do to
prevent our entire garden (we have about 50 rose bushes) from losing its
blooms?