Old 30-03-2003, 05:32 AM
Dave Lockwood

Default AOS meeting

I just got back from the AOS meeting in Hilo. Yes, I know the meeting was
last weekend...we really like Hawaii. I got a chance to visits some
nurseries and was impressed. In particular Atkasuka's up on the volcano.
The facility is definitely high-end. The busloads of Japanese tourists
stream in. If you catch them between busloads or on Sunday you will be
greeted by a personable and knowledgeable staff. Cindy was particularly
kind. Carmella's was also a very friendly and BIG operation. Row after row
of blooming Phals. I took some photos and will post them on the a.b.p.o.
group.

You will notice that I'm not mentioning the meetings of the AOS. That's
'cause I didn't go to any.

There was a plant show/sale run by the Hilo Orchid Society that was very
nice. I got a chance to meet the main "Brother" of Brothers Orchid fame. A
very nice gentleman. It was great to meet people I had heard so much about.

Not bragging, just the facts.

Dave