Old 07-06-2007, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default Rabbits!!

I seem to have tried everything to keep rabbits out of the
vegetable patch. Anyone got any realistic suggestions.

Ian

We live in open countryside surrounded by fields and lots and lots of
rabbits. The neighbours plants have been demolished by rabbits but we never
have any problems as I surrounded the veg plot with wire mesh fencing. It is
four feet high with a foot buried below ground level. So far it is doing a
good job. I've even seen rabbits lurking on the other side of the fence but
they have never penetrated it. I also save all the rocks that come up to the
surface while digging / rotovating the garden and put these at the base of
the wire fence (on the other side). This also seems to help deter the little
blighters from digging there.

David.