Old 07-06-2007, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Best hedge trimmer?

In article , Robert
writes
I've had a Viking (Stihl) for a few years :-

http://www.stihl.co.uk/html/default_...tegory=product

Can't fault it - well worth the extra cost over the "economical" trimmers.
Only possible problem - it's a little on the heavy side.

HTH.

I've had Viking one also, well three as they seem to blow or be too
expensive to repair (according to the ag. Merchants who sell them) so I
am hiring one each year for a week instead, that way is cheaper. I'd go
with Viking or Stihl though. Petrol ones too heavy, long handled ones
not good fro balance when I use them so I stick with longest ordinary
one. 28inches double edged blades I think.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph