Old 07-06-2007, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
steve auvache steve auvache is offline

Default Onion help

In article , Anne Jackson
writes
The message from steve auvache contains these words:
In article , Amethyst Deceiver
writes

the peas, ah the peas! There are three pods! I might
get a plateful by the end of the month!

A whole plateful? I would have to grow acres of peas to gather a whole
plateful. Mine never get more than 2 feet from the plant.

And having laid the foundation the blatant thread highjack.

Given that I eat the overwhelming majority of my peas raw and as fresh
as they can get and I actually like the flavour and texture of the seed
not the packet it comes in has anybody any recommendations for varieties
that are best for suited this?

No, but you could make Pea Pod wine...?

I could, in fact in the past I have, which is why I use such things for
compost these days.

It just strikes me as odd that, almost to a man, we claim 99% of our
peas never make it to the plate yet the sellers of such things, as aware
of their market as they claim, make no efforts to offer choices based
upon this well known fact.

--
steve auvache
A Bloo one with built in safety features