Old 07-06-2007, 05:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default 100 feet of clear hose experiment:results

I wanted the hose to do double duty, both heat the water AND grow
algae that would clean up wastes in winter. Otherwise we would have
gone with simple black hose that really heats up water. I tossed the
clear hose on the dark gravel, but I am reconstructed the arbor over
the walk between house and garage and when I do I will construct it to
hold the clear hose at a good angle for the winter sky. Since both my
DH and I are teachers and biologists we been looking at solar
something for our house. Most of it is tooooo expensive for us,
payback in the 50 year range even with buy back, discounts, etc.
Ingrid

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 15:00:26 CST, Hal wrote:
I saw a couple solar water heater some of my neighbors has installed
on their roof.