Old 07-06-2007, 05:23 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Finis

well swamp coolers have water dribbling down material of some kind and
a fan blows air over the material....... but these mist systems are
for outdoors. as the water is forced out of the tiny jets it is
(mostly) turned into a vapor which evaporates (mostly) cooling the
air. I say mostly because PRO systems use a finer jet and more
pressure to make sure there is a mist. Ours dont so those closest get
a fine spray of water on them (this is the overhead system). The
water coming out of the tap is 55-60o and it will absorb heat when the
temp is higher than that. It only really drops the temp about 10o
IIRC, but the cooling is good enough .... and our summers are hot and
humid for the most part, we are right next to Lake Michigan. Ingrid

We call them swamp coolers here, and they really don't work well in
swamps, or high humidity.