Old 07-06-2007, 09:56 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Altum[_3_] Altum[_3_] is offline

Default Melamine in fish food

wrote:
may be onto something. the chief organ failure is the kidney in cats
and dogs, and a failure of the kidney would lead to ascites in fish
... dropsy. Ingrid

That's what I was thinking. It seems like a lot of koi and goldfish
food is imported too. Maybe our first reaction when a fish swells up
from kidney failure should be to get a fresh batch of food! I also have
to wonder if melamine is part of why goldies do so well on homemade foods.

--
My other fish and pond forum is:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium