Old 08-06-2007, 02:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
tennis maynard tennis maynard is offline

Default Bletilla striata albescens

Wendy7 wrote:
Very nice Tennis, I must pay more attention to when mine bloom. They
have finished now just lots of greenery.
I have never seen a white, mine are the fuschia coloured ones.
What mix do you grow yours in?
Cheers Wendy
"tennis maynard" wrote in message

A hardy terrestrial orchid from China, this does well here in Ohio and
even has a fragrance. It is one of three color forms of this orchid
species in my front yard.

No mix, just dirt. Well, I did amend the clay here as usual with a
little this and a little that. But they're just in the ground out in the
front yard. I mulch them a little more for the winter. The cyps,
however, are in mostly sand in a raised bed nearby.