Old 08-06-2007, 03:27 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default 100 feet of clear hose experiment:results

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:22:54 CST, wrote:

I wanted the hose to do double duty, both heat the water AND grow
algae that would clean up wastes in winter. Otherwise we would have
gone with simple black hose that really heats up water. I tossed the
clear hose on the dark gravel, but I am reconstructed the arbor over
the walk between house and garage and when I do I will construct it to
hold the clear hose at a good angle for the winter sky.

Sounds more interesting all the time. I'm guessing the arbor must be
in a sheltered area that will help keep it from freezing?

About solar energy: I am encouraged by the price of solar night
lights recently. The night light isn't using a lot of power, the
light appears to be coming from a simple diode, similar to the ones I
used to wrap the leads around an insulated wire wound CB antenna that
would light up when the radio transmitted. Not much power, but the
cost for the collector cells is down considerably from what they were.
I try to think positive, but I can't afford any of the home energy
saving devices or systems offered today either. Hal