Old 08-06-2007, 06:29 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default another frog story!

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:08:43 CST, ~ jan wrote:

I preferred yours to Kathy, ewwww. I wonder how many parasites this guy has
gotten from eating those things (or perhaps this new diet killed off what
he had?). My theory, he was gluten sensitive and gave that up when he
started eating his food, ah.... fresh. ~ jan

If you're talking about the inside frog, I really don't think its diet
has changed all that much. From where I sit now, I can count 20+ (I
quit counting after 20) plants hanging around. It probably doesn't
really realize that it's inside. I have very little in the way of bug
sprays, and I've never used one of those commercial spraying firms. As
such, I have the occasional spider and the like living inside, and
they seem to do pretty well munching on the other bugs that do get
inside. I assume the frog does pretty much the same. My bathroom
has both a tub and a shower, the tub now is entirely filled with
plants, with grow lights hanging from the ceiling. Last year I had an
new world chameleon (anole) that lived somewhere in the plants for
well over a year. I know I didn't feed it and it grew from barely an
inch long to well over 5 inches.