Old 30-03-2003, 08:56 AM
oldehippie

Default [IBC] Hardware Cloth

"Hardware cloth is made from relatively heavy steel wire that is laid up
in a square pattern (some versions are woven) and run through a
galvanizing (generally molten zinc) bath to both bond the wires together
and give some corrosion resistance. I checked the 8, 4, and 3 per inch
hardware cloth I have and the wires are 0.47, 0.64, and 0.80 mm diameter
respectively."

8 snipped the rest 8

Well that helps me. Hardware cloth is not what I thought it was, thanks for
the explanation. In my area what you explained is commonly used for small
animal cages, bunnies, cavies and the like, usually in 1/4" 'holes'.

Olde Hippie

--
to reply direct remove number from addy

"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts will"
"I prefer to perambulate to the tempo of a different percussionist"
"Stupidity is believing much, while understanding little"
....Charles A. Meyers