Old 09-06-2007, 03:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Bill[_3_] Bill[_3_] is offline

Default yuck

On Jun 8, 9:25 pm, "eeyore" wrote:
Normal case for a phal loosing a leaf is it yellows and falls off over time.
Found one of mine in a case I'd never seen before. The inside of the leaf
had sort of liquefied, leaving me with a sort of water balloon effect.
Definitely yucky! "Normal", or could I have some strange disease in my
plants? I'll be away for a couple of days so I may not be able to reply,
but appreciate any help you guys can offer. Thanks!.

It is a bacterial rot and must be removed "carefully" to prevent
spreading and--- loss of the plant. Bill