Old 09-06-2007, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Bob is offline

Default Runner beans for dinner 8 days a week!

Hope it turns out alright. If you like runner beans I am sure you
will like the chutney. Great with all Cheeses!

Bob

David (Normandy) wrote:
Here is the recipe we use.

2 lbs beans
4 or 5 large onions
1.5 lbs demerara sugar
1.5 pts vinegar
1.5 tablesp. dry mustard
1.5 tablesp. cornflour
1.5 tablesp. tumeric

Chop finely or mince beans & onions, cover with salted water & cook until
tender. Strain well.

Put into pan together with 1 1/4 pts vinegar & the sugar and boil for 15
minutes.

Mix mustard, cornflour & tumeric with remaining 1/4 pt vinegar. Add to
pan & boil again for 15 minutes or until a suitable consistancy to bottle
into hot jars.

Keep for 3 months for flavours to mellow, if you can!

Enjoy!

Bob

Duly printed. I'll give you feedback in a few months time!

David.