Old 09-06-2007, 06:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default another frog story!

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 10:43:44 CST, ~ jan wrote:

Another interesting cool story..... but I was talking about the live
frog/mouse eating man's diet. :-) ~ jan

I think mice have always gotten along pretty well with "man's diet,"
whatever that is. Mice will pretty much eat anything. Frogs, on the
other hand, I recall as being pretty finicky about what they eat. It's
been some time since I tried to keep any, but I think they pretty much
insisted on live or at least live acting food. I don't think they'd
touch, say, a twinkie, but mice would be all over it. Diet
notwithstanding however, I'd say the frog was more prone to disease
and parasites, but I'd think it more environmental than dietary.