Old 30-03-2003, 10:20 AM
pied piper

Default laying poison.

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article , shannie
writes
But when you see a seven year old boy
crying over his dead cat you have to put an appeal somewhere for people

be more careful when baiting traps.

Yes, it must be heartbreaking . . . as heartbreaking as seeing anyone
weeping over the poor mutilated body of a bird needlessly mauled, but
not eaten, by someone's cat.

Shannie, firstly, let me say that I am very sorry to hear about your
cats . . . but . . . do cat owners ever consider the effect their cats
may have on other people's lives? People who do not like cats, people
whose pets (even their own cats) are plagued by other people's cats,
people who are allergic to cats, people whose plants, after months of
TLC are continually dug up to be replaced by cat faeces etc etc.

Do they ever consider that their cats may have been wreaking havoc in
someone else's patch and that person is at the end of his/her tether. I
don't say poison is justified, but, when driven to desperation, people
do all sorts of out of character things.

I know my mother was driven to distraction by a neighbour's cat that
kept coming into her house and attacking her own cat. My mother didn't
poison the intruder but she made such strong complaints to the owner
that it eventually had to be put down: there was just no other solution.

Ten years ago I would have been horrified at the thought of shooting a
rabbit, but after observing the destruction caused by a rabbit take over
of the garden, I now, sadly, have no compunction in shooting them.

To all cat lovers/owners, please, please, be aware that there are always
two sides to every story.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

****ing idiot if i had a neighbour like you i would shit on your doorstep