Old 10-06-2007, 03:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lombardy or Nor'easter Poplar?

I do think there are some varieties that are more resistant to disease
and such. I bought some from Jung (I think) bare root for a barrier
between the neighbors from hell and our driveway during the Lot Wars.
grew fast, grew pretty, but judge ordered them cut down in settlement
of law suit (my mother won everything else). ah well. Ingrid

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 22:08:54 -0700, Guy With The Brown Thumb
wrote:

Thanks for all of the input; however I still need an answer to my
original question. Here's the premise again.

1--I WILL BE BUYING either the Nor'easter or the Lombardy Poplars. I
understand that both have negative aspects but I still will be buying
one or the other so the response is simply check A or B.

2--I understand all the bad things about both but, good bad or ugly,
my selection will be one of those two for a variety of reasons.

3--If you don't like either or haven't had experience with either then
ther best bet is not to respond since you wouldn't pick either one and
I must pick one or the other.

4--If nobody's had experience with both varieties, I guess I'm just
out of luck. Thanks for any insight in comparing these two mentioned
above.