Old 09-06-2007, 07:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lombardy or Nor'easter Poplar?

In article . com,
Guy With The Brown Thumb wrote:

On Jun 7, 10:37 am, Billy Rose wrote:
I don't know much about trees but I hope your neighbor is to your
north
because, you will be throwing quite a shadow.
66666666666666666666666666
They are to the east.
777777777777777777777777777
Good luck,
Billy
999999999999999999999999999
Providing that the new Thousand Year Reich doesn't confiscate your
seeds, you are about to lose the warm afternoon Sun for your garden.
- Billy

??????????????????????????????????

Billy, are we on the same orb in the solar system? I stated above the
neighbors are to the East and therefore the trees would be between our
house (west of the neighbors) and their McMansion (east of us) and the
garden/lawn area is between our house and the trees.

My question = when did the afternoon sun start setting in the East and
thereby eliminating its warmth to my garden/lawn to the west of the
trees? Hmmmmm.....

Your Sun sets in the West? Hmmmm. This is going to take some
researching
to get out of. I'll get back to you, but in the mean time,
congratulations, your jardin is save-ed. We **** in your neighbors
general direction.

- I'm not him, I'm somebody else

Well, as you might guess, this sets me back some. Since "Truth" is
presently being held in "extraordinary rendition" at an undisclosed
site. I don't know why I must be personally held to a higher standard
than the President of the United States, who even causes moral, "rock
ribbed" Republicans to suck air through their teeth. Unlike the present
resident of the "Oval Office", I will bow to the public desire that in
the future, over there will be called "west", and over there will be
called "east".

With the suspension of Habeas Corpus by the Junta (OK, they didn't call
Blackwater but they still rigged the elections), there is no longer a
need for proof. If you really want evidence to be presented in criminal
hearings, you need to email or phone your elected representatives and
ask them to support "The Habeas Corpus Restoration Act" (S. 185). After
all, it's been the keystone of English Common Law, and ours, for 800
years. I think that would be the American thing to do.

- Billy
Old 10-06-2007, 06:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jun 9, 11:29 am, Billy Rose wrote:
[...]

Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)- Hide quoted text -

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Curious, does Billy smoke those funny cigarettes or has he simply
breathed too much Repellex?

Old 10-06-2007, 06:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Thanks for all of the input; however I still need an answer to my
original question. Here's the premise again.

1--I WILL BE BUYING either the Nor'easter or the Lombardy Poplars. I
understand that both have negative aspects but I still will be buying
one or the other so the response is simply check A or B.

2--I understand all the bad things about both but, good bad or ugly,
my selection will be one of those two for a variety of reasons.

3--If you don't like either or haven't had experience with either then
ther best bet is not to respond since you wouldn't pick either one and
I must pick one or the other.

4--If nobody's had experience with both varieties, I guess I'm just
out of luck. Thanks for any insight in comparing these two mentioned
above.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

[...]

Hey, I let you have your morning Sun in the east. The least, the very
least, you can do is participate in a participatory democracy while we
still have one.

At $5,000/lb you have got to be kidding this dirt poor gardener. Hmmm.
$5,000/lb. Hmmm. If nothing else, it is hazardous to your freedom.

- Billy
Old 10-06-2007, 03:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

Fortunately, one of my senators is Feingold who was only one voting
against Patriot act. But then, he reads without moving his lips.
I simply wont vote for anyone votes against the restoration. Ingrid

Old 10-06-2007, 03:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

I do think there are some varieties that are more resistant to disease
and such. I bought some from Jung (I think) bare root for a barrier
between the neighbors from hell and our driveway during the Lot Wars.
grew fast, grew pretty, but judge ordered them cut down in settlement
of law suit (my mother won everything else). ah well. Ingrid