Old 10-06-2007, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Wolstenholme Steve Wolstenholme is offline

Default (unprecedented) trouble with biting insects and/or solutions?

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:50:27 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Sounds like it could be Horse Flies or Clegs to me...did you find a little
blood where it bit?

I can't imagine anyone not noticing a cleg biting. Some of the types
are quite big and the bite can hurt like hell. I suppose the small
ones could sneak a chunk of flesh while one is sleeping in the garden.

The nastiest cleg bite I have had resulted in an allergic reaction
that caused a big red zit to come up every summer for ten years.

Steve