Old 10-06-2007, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frank Booth Snr Frank Booth Snr is offline

Default Pelargonium leaf symptoms

La Puce wrote:
On 10 Jun, 17:31, Frank Booth Snr wrote:

Seen on underside of plant with 1 or 2 leaves similarly affected.
Otherwise growing well and looks healthy.
Any ideas what caused this?
http://tinyurl.com/2svgy4

Pretty patterns isn't it. It is rust and comes in many shapes and
forms. Look onto the link below which gives you the causes of it and
how to deal with it. I'll get rid of the whole plant (burn it) before
the leaves go yellow. Once the spores have been released you can't
tell which plants have it until it's too late. I once spent 3 days
trying to save hundreds of bellis in a garden centre from rust by
removing the affected leaves. I truly beleived I could - but in the
end I couldn't. Good luck.

http://pubs.caes.uga.edu/caespubs/pubcd/C863.htm

Umm! From your link it looks like rust. Maybe it is. But the rust I've
seen on other plants eg hollyhocks,roses normally produces orange spores
(powder) on the leaves' undersides, and the plant weakens, whereas both
my cutting and the parent that have this lesion are both growing
strongly, and the parent is flowering superbly at present. Anyway I'll
spray with a systemic fungicide and see if both plants stay healthy,
otherwise.