Old 11-06-2007, 12:05 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
San Diego Joe San Diego Joe is offline

Default The art of digging a hole

"Bill Stock" wrote:

I need to bury two large barrels (36x24) below the ground, but I can't do
too much collateral damage while digging the hole. I was thinking about
using a post hole digger to try and keep the sides as straight as possible.
The soil is hard clay below 1', so I don't expect too much slippage, but
there will be some.

Any brighter ideas?

I would rent a small backhoe. I used one to dig my pond. It was able to get
through a 5' side yard and dug like crazy. Plus, it fed my testosterone
habit

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.